I have to confess I absolutely love smoothie bowls! 😍 At first I was thinking, why not mix it in a cup and just take it to go? Isn’t that one of top reasons they are so convenient? But using frozen fruit, cutting back on the liquids, and having a fun palate to decorate is so much fun. Plus, with these hot days ahead they are cool, refreshing, and easy to split for sharing.
Here is what I used for this one. It definitely brightened up this rainy day!
- Frozen banana (chopped)
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup pineapple
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein (I use shakeology, but any protein powder could work)
For decorating the top (all optional, but the fun part! 😉 )
- 1-2 mini halos (for wedges and zest)
- some organic flowers/mint
- On a low setting start with blending the frozen banana and juice. Then add raspberries and pineapple. Make sure it is well combined.
- Slowly add the protein in. You can add a little juice, but try to add a small amount and allow for everything to fully mix.
- Once you have achieved a creamy consistency, scoop into a bowl.
- Have fun and garnish away!
- Enjoy 😋