I think I have found my new “go to meal!” It is beyond fast, easy, and healthy! It’s also light for those hot summer days. I’m trying to shift my focus towards clean, healthier options and utilizing organic and locally sourced items when possible.
This does follow the 21 Day Fix meal plan, but more importantly when you need something fast it’s ready within minutes. ((Which is a major factor in helping me stick with healthy options))
What I used:
- green beans
- sweet potato (pre cooked/cubed)
- ahi tuna
- sesame seeds
- coconut oil
- lemon wedge
- pepper & salt (optional)
- Bring 2 pans of water to a boil. 1 is for the green beans and one is to reheat the sweet potatoes.
- Prep green beans
- Pre-heat skillet
- Pat the tuna dry with a paper towel and lightly season with pepper & salt.
- Once water is boiling add green beans (salt optional) Add sweet potatoes to the second pot.
- In a skillet pan sear tuna in coconut oil over a medium high heat. Approx. 2-3 minutes per side.
- Let the tuna rest and strain the veggies.
- Rough mash the sweet potatoes (you can add some season)
- garnish with a little coconut oil, sesames and lemon.
I know this might seem a bit bland, but I wanted to keep inline with the diet rules. Reheating the sweet potatoes in the water makes them mash very easily. Plus, I already love the flavor of these items and enjoy keeping it simple with a little pepper and lemon- yummy! 😃
What are some of your favorite go to meals for these hot summer days??? 🌞