These little petite treats come to the rescue for curbing a sweet tooth and help ward off over indulging. I use a dark chocolate combined with a healthier fat option (coconut oil) which creates a more creamy base. Then they are topped with organic nuts, berries, seeds and so on.
- 1 c. Dark Chocolate
- 2 tsp Coconut oil
- nuts, dried fruit, coconut, etc. for toppings
- mold or a cookie sheet lined with wax paper
- microwaveable bowl
Lets get started!
- Because I am making a very small batch I am going to work with heating the chocolate in the microwave. In a small glass bowl add the chocolate and coconut oil. Stir ever 30 seconds until smooth. Because coconut oil melts and heats fast it is VERY important to stir well and often.
- Next evenly spoon chocolate into your mold. If you are working without a mold place small spoonfuls of chocolate onto a wax paper covered cookie sheet.
- Have fun sprinkling all the toppings you picked out!
- Once I finished adding my toppings I drizzled a little extra chocolate over the top. Then let the chocolate rest by placing it in the fridge about 2 hours or until firm.
- Simply pop the chocolate out of the tray or peel your spoonfuls off the wax paper.
- These goodies are ready to enjoy! 😄
These simple chocolates stay creamy and smooth because of the coconut oil added in. Because of that smooth texture popping them out of any silicone mold is effortless. That means these can be made and customized for just about any holiday. Since, they store easy the can also be a very sweet gift, too! Enjoy!