This little recipe has all the sweet fixes from a brownie but with some much healthier options! They are so simple to make with only 6 ingredients and lots of variations.
What you’ll need:
- 10-11 Medjool dates
- 2 1/2TBPs of cocoa powder
- 1/4 c finely chopped nuts
- 1/8-1/4 tsp agave
- salt (just a pinch)
- unsweetened coconut flakes, extra nuts for your topping <- so many options!
- Lined 8″ loaf pan to shape brownies
- Start by pulsing 10 dates, this is the base to your brownie batter!
- Finely chop 1/4 c of nuts. Add the dates and nuts back into the chopper.
- Add your cocoa, sweetener, and a pinch of salt.
- Pulse until well combined…. here is your raw brownie batter 😋
(**If it is too dry add the extra date. If it seems too sticky you can add more nuts or some of the coconut to the batter)
- In a lined 8″ bread pan work the batter to fill the bottom of the pan.
- I used a glass to smooth the top of the brownie batter and even it out.
- Add your toppings. I used unsweetened coconut and a few extra nuts. Place the brownies in the fridge for apprx. 20mins. chilling makes them easier to cut.
- Once they are ready it’s time to cut them into bite size pieces.
- They are ready to share, enjoy, and help battle those sweet cravings!
🍫 I hope you enjoyed this recipe! It’s a bit of a healthy alternative when you are need a sweet treat. I make these for my sister and they pack up easily. She has been keeping a couple in her desk draw for when she’s at work. 🙂